Claws Up Games
Based in Lyon, France
August 31st 2018
PC / Mac / Linux
CHOP is a 2D arena fighting game with a hell of lot of gore, fast-paced action and a unique twist in its flagship game mode.
The first prototypes were made back in 2015. The idea was to build something competitive and fun to play in the same room, something players miss from the 90's. Indeed, online multiplayer tends to be the only option to enjoy games with friends nowadays. After many iterations we came up with the game mechanic that makes CHOP really stand out : Rush Out mode.
- Rush Out : Here, no matter how many players you kill. Your goal is to rush out through your portal as fast as possible. Don't worry, you still need to kill, as it's the only way to open the portal. It closes if you die, so you'll be under a lot of pressure when it comes to escaping. Don't mess around, just kill someone and rush out !
- One hit to kill, respawn almost instantly : CHOP is meant to give a feeling close to what you can experience in fast FPS, mixed with platformer setting and influences from games like Towerfall and Mortal Kombat.
- Blood and guts in a torn apart world, with a comic book vibe : CHOP speaks to those who like gore, comics, post-apo and are looking for a supercharged party game.
- Multiple ways to kill : dash and slice through your opponent, throw your sword and impale him on a wall or grab him and tear him apart with your bare hands. Or maybe grab this ridiculously big gun and obliterate all scumbags around ?
- Choose your fighting style : call back your sword with your mind, control it like a homming missile, teleport yourself or just take two swords instead of one.
- Glorious dismemberments, delightful executions, silly gory graphics all wrapped up in a comic book style.
- Swords will fly, bodies will be chopped, tons of blood will be shed and you'll probably end up shouting at your friends.
CHOP : Gameplay trailer YouTube
Gameplay footage : Rush Out YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "FLIP : Jury prize" Parthenay, France, 23 July, 2017
- "STUNFEST : Audience award" Rennes, France, 21 May, 2016
- "DREAMHACK : Indie Playground Finalist" Austin, Texas, USA, June, 2018
- "Gamescom : Indie Garden line-up" Cologne, Germany, August, 2018
- "Japan Expo : Official selection" Paris, France, July, 2018
- "STUNFEST : Official selection" Rennes, France, May, 2018
- "Indie Game Lab : official selection" JapanTouch/GeekTouch, April, 2018
- "Gamers Assembly : official selection" Poitiers, France, March, 2018
- "Indie Garden Assembly : official selection" Valenciennes, France, February, 2018
- "Indie Game Lab : official selection" JapanTouch/GeekTouch, April, 2017
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Claws Up Games
Claws Up Games is an independant game studio founded by two french dudes. We love beer, couch games and silly gory stuff. We are working hard to release CHOP, a fast-paced arena fighting game with a twist : your goal is not to have the highest kill count but to escape the arena by taking a portal.
More information on Claws Up Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Coder, Game/Level Designer, project manager
3D artist, animator
Concept artist, 2D artist
Level Designer, UI Designer, VFX artist