Claws Up Games
Based in Lyon, France
September 13th 2019
CHOP is a 2D, highly brutal party game with tons of gore and fast-paced action.
The first prototypes were made back in 2015. The idea was to build something competitive and fun to play in the same room, something players miss from the 90's. Indeed, online multiplayer tends to be the only option to enjoy games with friends nowadays. We also wanted CHOP to stand out from those party game that are too soft and lack impact : it has this extra thing that makes you grasp your gamepad after a few seconds.
- Rush Out : the game offers a unique twist with this mode. Here, no matter how many players you kill. Your goal is to rush out through your portal as fast as possible. Don't worry, you still need to kill, as it's the only way to open the portal. It closes if you die, so you'll be under a lot of pressure when it comes to escaping. Don't mess around, just kill someone and rush out !
- One hit to kill, respawn almost instantly : CHOP gives a feeling close to the constant adrenaline rush you can experience in fast FPS.
- Blood and guts in a world torn asunder, with a comic book vibe : it's for anyone who likes gore, comics, post-apo, and who's looking for a supercharged party game.
- Multiple ways to kill : dash and slice through your opponent, throw your sword and impale him on a wall or grab him and tear him apart with your bare hands. Or maybe grab this ridiculously big gun and obliterate all scumbags around ?
- Choose your fighting style : call back your sword with your mind, control it like a homming missile, teleport yourself or just take two swords instead of one.
- Glorious dismemberments, delightful executions, silly gory graphics all wrapped up in a comic book style.
- Swords will fly, bodies will be chopped, friendships will break !
CHOP : Release trailer YouTube
CHOP : Gameplay trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "FLIP : Jury prize" Parthenay, France, 23 July, 2017
- "STUNFEST : Audience award" Rennes, France, 21 May, 2016
- "DREAMHACK : Indie Playground Finalist" Austin, Texas, USA, June, 2018
- "Gamescom : Indie Garden line-up" Cologne, Germany, August, 2018
- "Japan Expo : Official selection" Paris, France, July, 2018
- "STUNFEST : Official selection" Rennes, France, May, 2018
- "Indie Game Lab : official selection" JapanTouch/GeekTouch, April, 2018
- "Gamers Assembly : official selection" Poitiers, France, March, 2018
- "Indie Garden Assembly : official selection" Valenciennes, France, February, 2018
- "Indie Game Lab : official selection" JapanTouch/GeekTouch, April, 2017
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Claws Up Games
Claws Up Games is an independant game studio founded by two french guys. Our first focus is to develop interesting mechanics and great game feel.
More information on Claws Up Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Coder, Game/Level Designer, project manager
3D artist, animator
Concept artist, 2D artist
Level Designer, UI Designer, VFX artist